Tally Group is a high growth company with great backing, who are looking to level up the utilitech landscape across NZ within the booming traditional and renewable energy sectors. They are on a journey to build software and analytics solutions for the next generation of energy retailers with the vision of becoming a leading global provider of Utilitech, and they are on the lookout for the people who will help make that happen.
At Tally Group, they put energy into building world-leading technology for the utilities sector. They want to transform how people power their homes and businesses, and in turn reinvent how energy retailers operate. Tally is a cloud-native SaaS provider with clients across the globe. They offer a comprehensive suite of innovative billing, digital and analytics solutions designed to meet globally diverse market and regulatory requirements, empower customers and reduce cost-to-serve.
The Test Automation Engineer will help build out the test automation capability and coach and upskill existing testers who are more familiar with manual testing. Tally Group uses Cypress and Postman as the test framework with React, REST and .NET application stack.
- Design test cases and create test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided.
- Interpret, execute, record and evidencing test cases in accordance with project test plans.
- Analyse and report test activities and results.
- Work closely with the stakeholders to create functional and non-functional test cases and test data.
- Develop test automation scripts using the company’s test frameworks and tooling.
- Use industry best practices while creating test cases to ensure reliability and reusability.
- Identifying analysing defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software outputs, services and content.
- Reporting defects in a clear and concise manner and monitoring their progress.
- Operate within a scrum team framework.
- Document, track, and circulate test designs, test plans, test results, analysis of reports and unresolved problems.
- Understand system behaviour and system functionality.
- Lead the importance of quality of software within your team.
- Contribute to the QA practice involving document writing and the regression suite.
- Design and manage effective, reusable and maintainable test automation frameworks and test suites.
- Work with product and engineering teams to plan, develop and execute test cases and suites.
- Work with Business Analysts, Developers, and Quality Analysts to integrate test scripts (Unit, sanity, system, regression, integration).
Experience with Atlassian Jira, as well as Cypress and Postman would be advantageous.
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to have valid New Zealand working rights and pass credit and criminal checks