Crown entity based in central Wellington that covers a segment of the education sector
Background to role
The organisation handles a huge volume of data and invests several billion each year within its’ segment of education. The data team aims to make data more readily accessible and understandable to those on the business side. You will be joining a team of 5 and be the 6th member.
You will be a ‘data artist’ working across several business teams to translate business requirements into data requirements, be it in the from of data design and modelling or data analysis and profiling. You will also help champion effective data management processes and frameworks for creating tangible and repeatable results.
Key skills/traits you will bring
- Sound knowledge of data architecture, data design & modelling and data analysis
- Ability to translate functional business requirements into data models
- Understanding of how data flows within an organisational ecosystem
- Knowledge of metadata, master data, and data security and general data management practices
- SQL/Python or any equivalent relevant data programming knowledge
- Experience in Microsoft Azure
- Ambition to grow both personally and professionally and be adaptable
- Opportunity to grow with a strong focus on training and career development as well as opportunities for internal promotions
- Work with others who share a passion for the data space
- Strong job security and flexible working options
This role is suited to someone who is hungry, adaptable and passionate about the data space. If you are that person, then please apply below