- Be part of a friendly and family-oriented organisation
- Chip in on several digital transformation projects currently underway
- Work with a huge variety of technology and never worry about parking!
Having been in business for more than 50 years now, BRANZ is a well-established home-grown kiwi organisation focused on inspiring the building and construction industry to provide better building standards for New Zealanders. They also undertake and invest in research by BRANZ science teams to unlock new knowledge, addressing current and emerging challenges within the building industry.
The purpose of this role is to provide first and second level IT helpdesk services to BRANZ staff. This is an IT generalist role requiring a wide range of practical IT skills. It also requires the ability to multi-task and good communication skills with staff, being the focal position for the IT Helpdesk
- Operate the IT helpdesk system, monitoring calls to the helpdesk and providing a prompt response to staff
- Provide desktop hardware and software support (both Windows PC and Apple macOS)
- Manage allocation of desktop hardware (PC, MAC) ensuring staff have appropriate IT equipment such as monitors, keyboards, cabling, etc
- Install and configure desktop software including core applications and a wide range of specialist scientific software
- Maintain desktop and network patching and wireless provision to the BRANZ campus
- Build helpdesk knowledge base by maintaining and growing records in respect of problems reported and solutions formulation
- Perform user administrative duties such as setting up new starters and departers in Active Directory and Office 365 environments.
- Technical qualification(s) in IT systems preferred to tertiary level (Polytechnic) or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or equivalent experience
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office core applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other desktop applications; experience with Office 365 administration desirable
- Apple MACos and Linux experience an advantage
- Demonstrable IT hardware knowledge and experience
The company has a true community feel to it with lifestyle and family being important to staff. This is recognised through providing a flexible working environment, opportunities to work on interesting projects and a beautiful rural surrounding a short drive from Wellington city.
- Competitive salary + Super
- Southern Cross medical insurance cover
- Subsidised cafeteria onsite