Do you have strong systems engineering experience with a passion for IT Operations?
Why you would like it:
- Brand new offices, fully kitted out
- Onsite Gym
- Mandate to automate
As a result of growth, there is a need for a senior systems engineer who is keen to make a step up into an IT operations role. With the mandate to automate, this role will be focused on taking full ownership of this shared services IT operation, acting as Level 3 escalation across all systems (applications, systems & networking) as well as driving all project and BAU activities. You will also have a team to mentor and direct (but not require the management of). The environment is fully Microsoft and is currently on the journey to migrate most services into Azure, so you will be heavily involved in building on this journey.
This organisation is one of New Zealand's largest private companies, continuing to grow, with 35 sites across Australasia. With a key focus on distribution of key products, this organisation is pivotal to the built environment in NZ. With an internal IT services function that would rival most start up organisations, this organisation offers a completely unique opportunity for its staff to challenge the status quo.
The fit (of the ideal candidate):
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience with a breadth of knowledge across systems, applications and networks
- VOIP / SIP telephony experience (MS Teams and/or Call manager)
- Troubleshooting desktop, telephony & networking issues
- Powershell and other automation scripting
- Current cloud experience, ideally Azure
- Root cause investigation techniques
- System monitoring and correct