Rarely do you see a blend of edgy tech, a team bound by purpose to help people in an industry growing with the advent of automation. This team focuses on harnessing connectivity, integration and harvesting data for automation and integration for IoT. Think of all of the millions of consumer devices used to create optimal CX in the retail and self-serve industries. This is the market with clients that include the largest brands in the world using their products across the globe in a vast majority of countries. The role of Production Test Systems Engineer is to work with project engineering teams to analyse, architect, design software to support product testing in a volume manufacturing environment. You will develop software solutions to automate and execute production test hardware. You will also have ownership and maintenance of production testers.
This is your chance to grow your career like no other time and be part of one of New Zealand's established technology stars.
International growth. A star-power list of international retail and consumer brand giants clamoring for partnerships and advocating their services. A growing number of businesses switch on to the power of this tech as the demand for data and integrated CX is demanded. This homegrown product vendor is the newest business pushing the envelope in the application of new IoT solutions. The product suite includes a number of components: devices, apps, web platforms and Data advancements.
- Contribute to architecture and design of test software solutions and associated design documentation.
- Develop test automation software targeting embedded Linux based SBC (Raspberry Pi) for manufacturing systems.
- Have ownership of Testers and scan systems, their software, operating systems, and associated infrastructure.
- Own the internal test servers where Linux is supporting internal engineering.
- Produce database structure, setup maintenance, and backups.
- Deploy remote management of test fleet.
- Production test fleet maintenance and support of contract manufacturing sites.
- Troubleshoot and quickly solve production issues and minimise downtime.
- Undertake general maintenance and improvement of systems.
- Apply best-practice security methodologies.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required from time to time.
- Write technical documents and work procedures.
You will need a diverse mix of skills and competencies to succeed in the role which covers software development focused on Embedded Linux and Python/C/C++, basic SQL database knowledge and the ability to understand electronics schematics and software interactions/interfaces at a hardware level.
This is an opportunity to join a high-powered and small development team that offers a highly complex product to global clients. Apply directly and we will reach out to you.