A company with offices across Wellington and Auckland that operates capital, risk, commodity, electricity markets and the infrastructure required to support them. They provide high quality information, data and tools to support business decision making and aim to make a meaningful difference to wealth creation for their shareholders and the individuals, businesses and economies in which they operate. With integrity is the foundation of everything, they support flexibility and inclusiveness, and value continues learning within a professional environment.
Background to role
The Energy IT team oversee, plan, maintain, program and develop a portfolio of front-end web applications, back-end services and architecture infrastructure throughout the development and business lifecycle for energy market services.
The purpose of the Ruby on Rails Developer is to deliver improvement and support to enhancements for existing front-end solutions and applications and then look to help with migration towards different technology in the next 6 months.
What you will bring
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experiences using front end web technologies and frameworks including foundation CSS, Angular JS, React JS, and HTML5
- Postgres or Oracle databases
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Great team player with integrity and solid communication skills
- Bonus component based on performance
- Flexible working the norm
- Work with complex systems and go on a journey with the organisation
If you're interested to hear more, please apply now for a prompt response!