Support & drive the data strategy to achieve strategic data objectives
Why you would like it:
- Newly created function within a high performing organisation
- Large appetite for change with significant scope across data landscape
- Plenty of “quick wins” to be achieved
Created in 2001 after extensive public and Parliamentary debate, this government owned entity was set up as a way for New Zealand to save now in order to make future superannuation costs more affordable, with an ever increasing & aging population. With a mandate to invest responsibly, yet taking risk where appropriate through a rigorous risk allocation process, this organisation has remained true to their values of inclusiveness, innovation and integrity and all whilst significantly investing in their people. With dedicated commitment to building a diverse workplace of highly passionate and engaged staff, the organisation is there to ultimately support the vision of a “Great Team Building the Best Portfolio”.
With an appetite for change, the organisation recognised a need for the creation of a Data Services function that sat across the business, forming part of the Finance & Risk business unit. Having set this up at the back end of last year, there is now a need to double the team size to continue on the journey to build trust & confidence in this organisation's investment data and investment reporting, the function has a pivotal role in supporting the business to achieve its overall strategic data objectives. As a Senior Data Management Analyst, you will be tasked with shaping the data standards, principles, and data production process support required, to in turn enable efficient and effective investment decision making and risk management. With a heavy reliance on external data partners to provide much of the information needed for the internal investment analysts, the Senior Data Management Analyst will be required to apply a data consumer centric focus to ensure that the organisation is supported in obtaining the data they require, with the right quality controls and performance measures.
The key responsibilities:
- Assist in the monitoring and communication of daily data production processes and quality control metrics and results.
- Develop and maintain the data quality and data production dashboards and reports.
- Assist with the improvement of the data governance, vendor management, and data services functions to ensure aligned, relevant, and meaningful business outcomes.
- Support the activity of the team to foster knowledge and understanding of data governance across the data user community.
- Assist with all other activities that will help drive the right attitudes and behaviours towards data quality and data-related processes.
- Help implement and manage the data governance framework, data policies and standards.
- At least 6 years experience in data governance, ideally in an investment banking or asset management firm.
- Ability to analyse and investigate data quality and data production issues.
- Experience building dashboards and reports in PowerBI.
- Strong customer service focus, with a can do attitude and a willingness to find sustainable and creative solutions.
- Collegial, constructive approach, including the ability to foster both internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate autonomously.
What's in it for you:
- An attractive salary package with a variety of benefits
- A strong & diverse culture that recognises contributions and rewards performance
- Professional and personal development
In short, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like you and you would like to know more, please contact Claudy at Claudy@potentia.co.nz or apply now!
Please note only those who are currently residing in New Zealand with the appropriate working rights shall be considered for this position.