Wellington CBD based key government agency that provide accurate, authoritative, and current topographic information for both private and public use.
Background to role
They are entering the third phase of a major program of work and are needing to up their development capacity to ensure the program keeps striding ahead. They are working with a modern and exciting open-source technology stack using the likes of Kotlin and React and they are focused on TDD with cross functional skills desirable.
You will be a senior developer that will work across different work streams under this program of work. Projects may involve modernisation of the platform, integrations with third party software and work to automate processes.
Key skills you will bring
- Significant programming experience in Java
- Experience working in a true agile environment where team members embrace cross-functiionality and understand the bigger picture
- Sound understanding of the AWS ecosystem and cloud technology
- Ability to provide technical leadership to junior team members from time to time
- GIS experience a bonus
- 12-month hourly rate contract
- Strong job security in an ever-changing jobs landscape
- Flexible working arrangements the norm