- Work for one of NZ's leading energy brands
- Huge growth opportunity with current development of internal data science practice and people capability
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Modern, vibrant offices
Dedicated to being at the forefront of innovation, this organisation is currently evolving its analytics capability by adopting advanced analytics techniques to underpin its current and future customer strategy. How you might ask? Through the augmentation of existing teams with technical superstars and transitioning of multiple diverse environments from on-premise systems to modern cloud environments. With the goal of elevating the data practice and capability business wide, you'll be a part of real, actionable changes and see first hand the effect this has.
Joining an expanding team in the technology arm of the business you will be instrumental in driving multiple project engagements for data analytics solutions.The success of analytics work currently underway in the retail and customer component of the organisation has now opened up future opportunities across multiple other business units ripe for transformation.
At this organisation you're not just an employee, you're part of something bigger, and something great. This team makes a real difference to New Zealand by doing new and exciting things with energy. Their goal is to be New Zealand's leading energy brand, where customer interactions deliver value and opportunities in a rapidly changing marketplace. With the addition of new power generation methods planned for 2020, they will become one of the few companies worldwide, and the only one in New Zealand, with an impressive repertoire of renewable energy - wind, geothermal, hydro and solar.
From the second you walk in, to the moment you scoot away, take a look around the stunning offices and it's hard to miss. The colour, vibrance, collaboration, and energetic hum created by passionate people who care about what they do. Whether you're cycling an e.Bike to a meeting instead of taking the car, the list of perks available is enviable and unrivalled. As industry leaders both in their field and as an employer you'll be looked after and valued with a progression path as far as you can see.
You will bring a strong background in your technical field combined with experience in designing and building data analytics solutions. You will responsible for ensuring that all solution designs, (foundational or for a business initiative) are completed in line with the Enterprise Architecture vision and security standards. This role will see you accountable for the design, implementation, process and standards compliance, development and training components of any new project initiatives.
On the day to day you will utilise your capability to ensure a formal approach to solution design is defined and followed, high level EA designs are translated into implementable solutions, delivery teams have a thorough understanding of the solution, roadmaps and/or strategies are continuously improved and finally assisting with training and development of other team members. In short you will provide technical leadership and leverage new technologies to create value.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years architecture experience designing data analytics solutions within complex or enterprise IT environments
- Experience in designing solutions that handle large volumes of data with varying velocities
- Experience designing both on-premise and cloud solutions
- Broad technical background in technologies including Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, open source
- Experience working with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cosmos DB
- Strong technical capability in SQL and at least one of: Python, SAS or Scala
- Experience in cloud platforms AWS - must, Azure or GCP beneficial
- Strong presentation and communication skills, explaining complex analytical concepts to people from non-technical fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can