- Deliver innovation-led revenue & customer growth for the business
- Build genuine product through data driven solutioning
- Set up the data function - you will have full control!
One could argue that this is genuinely one of the most exciting leadership opportunities within Data. As the CDO, you will be pivotal in setting the direction of this organisation and ultimately determining its success over the next 5-10 years as the markets it operates in evolves rapidly. By defining the data strategy, investing in new teams and people as well as directly influencing the commercial, product and technology teams, you will be ensuring this organisation has a genuine competitive advantage in the New Zealand market.
A wholly New Zealand-owned organisation proud of connecting more than 3.2 million Kiwis every month through a range of online/offline services and products. More recently, this organisation has decided to diversify its business model, forging new products, services and partnerships to provide alternative revenue streams for the business. In addition, the current operational model has undergone some large scale transformation to harness contemporary digital and data capabilities to improve productivity and create a faster, leaner operation. To top things off, this organisation offers a great workplace for its employees - from diverse and inclusive people programmes, activity-based and flexible working to international scholarship and mentoring programmes.
- Deliver new revenue streams from innovative data and insights products and services
- Develop the strategic data and insights capability to become a competitive advantage
- Supercharge business maturity growth in data and insights
- Grow and develop a data team
- Work closely with the executive and senior leadership team to understand key objectives and priorities in order to form a capability roadmap that enables the business to be successful
- Track record of commercial and product development experience in the data and insights space
- Excellent communicator, with an ability to communicate complex technical, statistical and AI concepts in a user friendly, simple and effective manner
- Excellent understanding of consumer digital technologies
- Excellent understanding of sales, marketing or product development disciplines and customer needs
- Demonstrable record in building and managing high performing teams
- Demonstrable record of building and managing successful stakeholder relationships at a senior level
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Bonus and ESOP available
- All the regular benefits you would expect from an enterprise organisation
- Flexible working arrangements