Te Puni Kōkiri is a Government’s principal policy advisor on Māori wellbeing and development. To perform this role effectively Te Puni Kōkiri must exert leadership and influence on the public sector system to support government to have a positive impact on Māori wellbeing outcomes and intergenerational transformation. Te Puni Kōkiri’s vision is to enable Thriving Whānau – When whānau are thriving, so do their communities, hapū, iwi and all of Aotearoa. Te Puni Kōkiri’s organisational purpose is to draw strength from the past to build an Aotearoa, New Zealand where whānau can all stand, thrive and belong. At Te Puni Kōkiri we encourage you to have a broad knowledge and experience in Te Ao Māori and confidently guide, advise, and champion stakeholders on tikanga. You will be a conversational Te Reo Māori speaker and encourage its day-to-day use.
The role is to ensure that data and insights stakeholders have information at their fingers through supporting and implementing the creation and curation of authoritative data that follows ministry and government standard practice, and allows for integration of data from multiple domains and sources. You will use your established relationships to engage and influence whānau, hapū, iwi and other stakeholders and be experienced in establishing effective and influential relationships with Māori interest groups. You understand the Treaty of Waitangi and recognise its importance to Māori and how it applies to the work of Te Puni Kōkiri. This includes adhering to the concepts of whanaungatanga, whakapapa and manaakitanga when dealing with people to foster an environment where people can work together with ease and understanding.
Ideally you will bring:
- Relevant qualification or equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience; and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- 5+ years’ experience in cloud integration and pipeline delivery is required.
- Experience or knowledge of working in analytical environments.
- Strong knowledge of standard good practice data management practices, processes, and mechanisms.
- Good experience with data modelling, data engineering, building data pipelines and transformation of data.
- Experience engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders – from the highly technical to the barely data literate.
- A highly developed sense of the requirements of good governance and the need to adhere to sound processes.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong knowledge of information structures and metadata schemas.
- Knowledgeable user of SQL and programming languages appropriate for data acquisition and ingestion.
- Experience in building large scale data sets for analytical use.
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modelling.
- Experience in working in agile delivery approaches, including the development and release of code through continuous integration/continuous development methods and through the Azure DevOps methodology..
- Political and organisational savvy.
- The ability to influence, lead and facilitate complex tasks in a multi-disciplinary environment.