- Unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to wide-ranging, green fields digital transformation
- Be a champion for consistent and coherent digital user experiences
- A chance to drive best practice business process and engage with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure it is future proofed and thriving
WorkSafe is New Zealand's primary workplace health and safety regulator. The Chief Executive Phil Parkes leads over 600 staff based across New Zealand who are working to lift health and safety performance, supporting New Zealanders to return home from work healthy and safe. WorkSafe has an overarching vision to be a modern, insight-driven regulator and a critical part of achieving this goal is being able to successfully transition to a modern digital workplace.
This position reports to the General Manager, Digital Transformation and will collectively lead the Digital and Information Services group by contributing to the strategy and embedding it, ensuring there is focus on the priorities that matter and taking a whole-of-WorkSafe approach, modelling the values:
- Whakakotahi - ‘we’re united in a strong purpose’
- Korero mai - ‘we engage meaningfully’
- Tiakina mai - ‘we’re entrusted with a duty of care’
The role as Manager, Digital Workplace is a terrific opportunity for someone hungry to go the distance and leave an imprint they can look back on and be proud of. You have scope to propel the organisation towards being the benchmark from a digital user experience perspective and can leave a legacy that will ultimately make life safer for your fellow New Zealanders. The role provides leadership for design, delivery, and management of WorkSafe’s digital workplace. This includes overall responsibility for digital workplace elements of the Information Management Framework (strategy, policy and governance), achievement of specified information outcomes, the management of resources and budget, and agreed service levels. This role’s leadership will act as a change champion for the ongoing Digital and Information Services Change Programme. As a start-up and growth group the Manager, Digital Workplace will lead a team that develops the skills and experience across the structure for group outcomes and success.
The role will involve you leading and building out the Digital Workplace team to create a smooth and simple working experience for people across the organisation. You’ll bear responsibility for the continuous enhancement of the digital ecosystem and ensure delivery and ongoing management of core services. You’ll also ensure all aspects of information and data governance, including development and monitoring of policies standards and guidelines.
You will be someone
- Who can champion new ways of working using digital technology to search, share, save, secure and collaborate between information and people.
- Passionate about collectively leading digital transformation and building towards a larger vision
- Committed to creating seamless user experiences and ensuring technology is widely accessible
- With a high degree of competency in Microsoft 365 services with a focus on Enterprise solutions and able to learn and adapt with the quickly evolving Microsoft Cloud.
- Several years’ experience in a leadership and /or senior management position in a similar role.
- Strong appreciation of key business drivers and an understanding of the ICT impact upon the business.
- Experience performing application delivery leveraging Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of records and information management best practices.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement in the context of digital delivery and transformation
- Comfortable at dealing with pushback and passionate about bringing those around you on a journey of change and adoption
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits, including free life, trauma and income protection insurance packages, discounts on health insurance and eye care, and learning and development opportunities.
If the opportunity sounds like it may have your name on it, please apply below or contact Tim on 0272 822 722