WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – their vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators they lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education, and enforcement.
With New Zealand implementing the most significant reforms to workplace health and safety in more than 20 years, WorkSafe New Zealand has foreseen an opportunity to build greater capability through enhancing their technology. To fortify this technology growth, they are looking to appoint a General Manager, Digital Transformation who will lead the delivery of the digital strategy and work plan. They will also be responsible for the provision of digital and information services within WorkSafe; creating a work environment that is consistent with their values:
- Whakakotahi - ‘we’re united in a strong purpose’
- Korero mai - ‘we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - ‘we’re entrusted with a duty of care’
The Digital Transformation is underway with the strategy and workplan focused on transitioning WorkSafe to a more agile and insight-led organisation. The successful delivery of this strategy and workplan will allow WorkSafe to ensure their services are effective and efficient in achieving their outcomes and transform their service delivery.
The opportunity here is to join this new Executive Leadership Team who are a group of experienced leaders with broad and varied backgrounds and build upon current success whilst also expanding the initiatives to fulfil new demands. As part of the ELT this role contributes to the direction, capability, and overall performance of the wider organisation which includes providing visible leadership across all WorkSafe.
The General Manager - Digital Transformation is a key contributor to New Zealand’s overall health and safety system and acts as an advocate and influencer of better health and safety outcomes for NZ workers.
This role will make a significant difference to how the organisation moves forward. The Business Digital Transformation strategy and Work plan are key enablers for the future design and delivery of digital services at WorkSafe. Delivering on the plans to build capability and ensure successful execution of the strategy, is key to success.
This role breaks down into four core components:
- Contribute across the business as part of the Executive Leadership Team
- Oversee the Programmes of work to transform the way WorkSafe operates
- Oversee the Business transformation – how digital transformation supports business transformation through service design
- Delivery of Core IT Services – support WorkSafe to be independent with internal ICT functions
With strong digital transformation and change experience you will be driven by the opportunity to influence and contribute. You will be a thought leader and digitally savvy, demonstrated by:
- Senior transformation leadership and change experience leveraging off a digital and technology background
- Experience in effectively leading, engaging and managing digital functions and teams at the senior level
- Demonstrates sound organisational change and transformation judgement.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, bringing digital and business intelligence strength to the leadership table
- Strong strategic thinking and capability to assess organisational, political, and reputational risk
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits, including life, trauma and income protection insurance packages, discounts on health insurance and eye care and learning and development opportunities.
Applications close on Friday, 15th January 2021.
For further information please contact email@example.com with any queries.