Manager – Products & Services
- Harness modern technology to enable productivity & mobility
- Competitive salary + additional benefits
- Reporting directly to Chief Digital Officer
This government organisation is passionate about making a difference for New Zealanders. They are one of the most trusted public services globally and are on a mission to ensure fair outcomes for everyone. You will be reporting to the Chief Digital Officer and be responsible for guiding the strategic direction of digital products and services within the “Modernisation” workstream.
The role & responsibilities:
The Products and Services Manager is responsible for on-going product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This role will partner with Business Owners and teams across Corporate and Digital Services to ensure the overall performance and development of the digital services. It is essential to have a good understanding of the user experience and interact effectively with the business to ensure people are getting the most out of technology, which will enable mobility and productivity.
Skills & experience required to be successful:
- Product Management – You will have experience developing product roadmaps and managing products and services through its lifecycle (inception through to retirement). You will stay abreast across the modern technology that can have an impact on enterprise.
- Business risk management – You will be comfortable planning and implementing organisation-wide processes and procedures for the management of risk to the success or integrity of the business, especially those arising from the use of information technology.
- IT Management – You will have previous experience with management of IT infrastructure and resources required to plan for, develop, deliver, and support IT services and products to meet the needs of a business.
- Benfefits Management-– Monitoring for the emergence and effective realisation of anticipated benefits (typically specified as part of the business case for a change programme or project).
- Communication & Consulting - You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be capable of providing advice and recommendations, based on expertise and experience to address client needs.
Ideally you will have a tertiary degree in a relevant field (IT) or have equivalent industry experience in Product Management. If you are interested in hearing more, please apply now using job reference 2012-51863