An exciting opportunity awaits a high performing Data Scientist who enjoys using a range of data science techniques to better understand electricity and gas markets, often by forecasting prices and their underlying drivers. The successful candidate will help to maintain existing models, build/maintain new models, and perform basic ad hoc analyses as required. They will work quickly and efficiently with a focus on delivering useful outcomes.
Our client is a boutique trading firm which focuses on wholesale electricity and gas markets in the Asia-Pacific region. They are a mix of quantitative finance with a fast-paced start-up culture. Bring your great attitude to work, not your suit and tie.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and maintain models to forecast commodity prices and their drivers.
- Prepare datasets for analysis.
- Perform ad hoc analyses to support the Portfolio Manager.
- Build and maintain dashboards to visualise key information.
- Communicate insights from analyses.
- Exceptional academic record, only GPA 8 and above preferred
- Demonstrable expertise building statistical/data science models.
- 2-7 years relevant work experience.
- Preferably a post-graduate qualification in a quantitative subject, ideally statistics or data science.
- Expert in at least one data science programming language, preferably R.
- Highly motivated and autonomous. Must be able to work with little/no supervision.
- Pragmatic and commercially-minded. Values a useful product over a beautiful algorithm.
- Highly competitive remuneration including a generous performance-based bonus.
- Flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home several days per week.
- Great company culture: awesome waterfront location, no dress code, modern office
- Exciting industry (finance/derivatives trading).
If this sounds like you, click apply now or reach out at email@example.com for a confidential chat on the position.