As a Senior Network Engineer, you play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the company’s technological backbone - its internal & external networking systems. You will not only design and implements new network solutions but also ensures their reliability, performance, integrity and security, effectively supporting all departments and their diverse IT needs. The role demands a balance of technical expertise, project management, and close collaboration with both technology peers and other departmental stakeholders. You will also be instrumental in identifying potential risks, safeguarding the network from threats, and responding decisively to any breaches or outages.
Our client is Australia and New Zealand’s largest independent full-service payments provider. We service over 20,000 merchants with approximately 34,000 secure and feature-rich payment terminals. They have developed long standing relationships with their banking partners ranging from terminal supply to fully outsourced service offerings. Their vision is to be the payments partner of choice by providing the best customer experience to ensure their merchants can take payments anywhere, any time, every time. Their aim is to add value to thier customers, people, investors and community in everything they do.
- Design solutions that are scalable, resilient, and align with industry best practices
- Design and implement network security measures such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPNs
- Develop and refine protocols for responding to network issues and outages
- Maintain detailed records of network configurations, topologies, and protocols
- Provide technical expertise during IT-related projects that require network integration or adjustments
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing and training sessions as needed or when required
Knowledge and skills:
- Networking knowledge in Cisco, Palo Alto and Ubiquiti
- Have worked on network virtualization using VMware
- Experience on technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Lambda
- Experience with network migrations from legacy on prem is a big plus
- Experience with firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection systems, and other security tools
- Familiarity with network security best practices and the ability to implement security measures effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If this sounds like you, click apply now or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat on the position.