The creation of a new function within the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation has opened up two roles within the Data Analytics team for aspiring and experienced Data Scientists. Sitting within the investments team, you will build and maintain models and visualizations in an entrepreneurial, collaborative new group using innovative technology and techniques. You will partner with investment data users across the organisation. With a new appointment of an exceptional leader, this is an exciting opportunity to learn and grow.
The Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation is an innovative, award-winning global investor. Our primary role is to manage the NZ Super Fund, an investment fund which invests taxpayer contributions globally to help pre-fund universal superannuation in New Zealand. Our team has a deep sense of purpose through the work we do to benefit future generations of New Zealanders. At the Guardians there’s an energy, passion and a shared commitment to excellence. The work is complex, innovative and intellectually stimulating. Our positive work environment respects your wellbeing while supporting your career and your future. As a proud equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate in our hiring practices, diversity and inclusiveness are highly valued.
- Contribute to the development of insights, predictive analysis, and simulations that lead to actionable decisions
- Visualise and report data findings using a variety of formats to enhance insight into complex issues
- Partner with data consumers organisation-wide to evaluate data access and analyse needs, designing efficient, fit-for-purpose solutions
- Collaborate with other members of the Data Analytics team and wider organisation on the prioritisation of the data analytics projects
- Research and analyse fit-for-purpose data access and analytics solutions that enhance existing or deliver new investment capabilities
- Document solutions and considerations for Data Analytics projects
- Implement and promote development standards and practices
- Support ongoing training and educate data users and consumers on best practice
Knowledge and skills:
- Experience with predictive modelling techniques
- Understanding of quantitative models and how they could impact the organisation
- Experience interpreting, telling stories, and creating value with data
- Strong collaboration skills having worked with business stakeholders at different levels of seniority and technical proficiency
- Comfortable working across a range of data sets and systems e.g. Bloomberg, Refinitiv Eikon and Factset
- Strong problem solving capability
- Ability to communicate and influence across functions
- Demonstrated experience writing Python, R, or SQL code.
If this sounds like you, click apply now or reach out at email@example.com for a confidential chat on the position.