Central Wellington Government agency that works to ensure New Zealander's are able to go to and come home from work each day safely.
Background to role
The organisation is in the early stages of a major digital transformation to become a modern digital workplace and an insight driven government agency and part of that involves establishing development practices.
You will be a pivotal resource in a more or less green fields environment and be responsible for establishing, developing and spearheading the technical delivery of all digital products. You will be leading a team that will grow to around 30 and be respnsible for their people management and nurturing. It is a role with a large remit to deliver and build out a team of talented professionals while also ensuring they become agile in their approach to delivery. There is significant scope to make a mark.
Key skills you will bring
- Minimum of 10-15 years experience within IT spanning people leadership, process improvement and strong understanding of technology
- Extensive Microsoft knowledge and experience including the likes of MS Dynamics and Power Platform
- Proven ability working across both business and technology focused teams to improve wider organisational outcomes
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence decision makers as well as those in your team
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and respond to a challenging and changing landscape
- A growth mindset, great attitude and commitment to improving the organisation and an understanding that it will be a journey
- Strong vendor management experience
- Significant green fields opportunity to craft the organisations' development practices and culture
- Excellent remuneration and other benefits
- Opportunity to take on a real challenge and leave an imprint heading forward