- Hourly rate contract until Sep 30th with high likelihood of extension
- Be part of a meaningful project for New Zealanders
- Work with an interesting and modern tech stack
A smaller government organisation based in central Wellington that ensure New Zealanders have the skills and knowledge they need to build a great life and ensure NZ thrives in the generations ahead.
The project being undertaken is designed to significantly improve the way they collect, manage and share data in this particular education sector which will in turn ensure better outcomes for all New Zealanders, especially those involved in the formal education process
You will be part of a strong and cross-functional SCRUM team that is helping to build sustainable software products with a modern technology stack. You will contribute to strong code quality, automated testing and continuous improvement practice and work closely with business units and key stakeholders to deliver this critical project in the education sector.
Key skills you'll bring
- Excellent C# skills and experience with the .NET Core framework
- Strong understanding of modern development principles such as TDD
- Skills in T-SQL/Azure SQL/PostgreSQL
- Experience creating RESTful API's
- Good knowledge of document based databases such as CosmosDB and MongoDB
- Experience with modern JS frameworks - React/Vue/Angular
- Docker/Kubernetes experience a big bonus
- Sound understanding of DevOps principles and tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins etc
Must be available at ideally no more than two weeks notice.