A NZ owned IT Consultancy with offices in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Tauranga. They have close to 300 IT professionals from various countries and help organisations transform their business with modern technology
Their Continuous Computing Practice provides specialist platform, infrastructure, network and software services to customers. The organisation is looking for an infrastructure consultant with strong Cloud and SysOps hands-on experience to join the team. You will engage on the design, implementation and management of modern platforms including cloud solutions and hybrid and mobile platforms.
Your role will be to design and assist with installation, configuration and management of cloud and hybrid infrastructure environments both internally and externally, using best practices around DevOps. You will also need the ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues with escalation to the vendors as required. Some work will also be done with the sales team to provide technical support
Key requirements from you
- Ideally a background with IT enterprise environments and a cloud focus
- Knowledge of IT operational configuration and management for always-up, always-available services
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Hands on experience of containers and orchestration in production environments an advantage
- Implementation of virtualisation for deploying and running distributed applications
- Experience with a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, a knack for problem solving and a passion for ensuring clients receive exceptional quality of service is a must.
- Significant professional growth and learning opportunities
- Fully subsidised medical insurance for employees
- Remote working options where practical and mutually agreed
- Sick leave from your first day on board