Tally Group is a high growth company with great backing, who are looking to level up the utilitech landscape across NZ within the booming traditional and renewable energy sectors. They are on a journey to build software and analytics solutions for the next generation of energy retailers with the vision of becoming a leading global provider of Utilitech, and they are on the lookout for the people who will help make that happen.
At Tally Group, they put energy into building world-leading technology for the utilities sector. They want to transform how people power their homes and businesses, and in turn reinvent how energy retailers operate. Tally is a cloud-native SaaS provider with clients across the globe. They offer a comprehensive suite of innovative billing, digital and analytics solutions designed to meet globally diverse market and regulatory requirements, empower customers and reduce cost-to-serve.
The Scrum Master will help drive and improve on existing agile practices within the organisation and facilitate the regular team level activities.
- Facilitate all agile ceremonies including daily scrum stand-up, refinement, sprint planning, sprint demo/showcase, and retrospective meetings.
- Work actively with the team to undertake estimations, using estimation & capacity models.
- Participate in other key agile management meetings, including scrum-of-Scrums.
- Help drive scaled agile through the business (iteration planning, release train and multi-functional scrum teams).
- Track and facilitate progress / remove blockers (daily basis).
- Keep the team focused on sprint goals and objectives.
- Understand the sprint goals with reference to overall roadmap, client projects and interdependent scrum team activities.
- Act a liaison between the scrum teams and other parts of the business.
- Facilitate regular workshops with other scrum masters to improve agile practices.
- You'll leverage your deep knowledge of several agile methods (e.g. Scrum, XP, Lean Software Development, Kanban, LeSS, SAFe, etc.), acting as an agile champion and contributing to expanding the understanding and practice of agile principles and values.
- You'll work across multiple teams, helping them to better organise themselves to remove dependencies and to increase synchronisation.
- You'll help with decomposition of the program backlog and improve the processes for allocation of backlog items to teams and tracking of progress and dependencies.
- Coordinate production releases between scrum teams, client delivery and DevOps.
If you have a strong background as a Delivery Manager or Agile coach in a mature Agile/Lean environment on software development projects, please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to have valid New Zealand working rights and pass credit and criminal checks