- Work with Open Source Technology on Meaningful Projects
- Organisation Committed to Your Development and Growth
- Flexible Working
Wellington CBD based key government agency that provide accurate, authoritative and current topographic information. This agency is responding to it's customers wants and growing their GIS web and mobile applications.
You will be working alongside two agile product teams at to lead a Standards and Interoperability work programme and deliver a technology API to support the organisations objectives. This will involve working within the DevOps methodology in a full open source software stack.
You will have the scope to design, plan and lead the development of spatial IT solutions, and be responsible for ensuring industry standards best practices are followed as well as hands on development and acting as lead developer. You'll also get the opportunity to connect with global experts and be part of an international community and influence good practice. Some travel may be required.
Your career to date will point to experience:
- Developing and designing IT, public and enterprise wide web APIs
- Strong exposure to opensource technologies and an active contributor on Github or similar open source development platforms
- Designing and developing under DevOps methodology
- Designing cloud solutions in AWS
- Proven technical documentation skills including API's, business, application, system or network views
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop others
- Experience engaging and building relationships with the open source community and vendors to implement requirements
Nice to haves include:
- Working in agile product teams
- Infrastructure as code and DevOps tool pipeline creation
- Continuous integration & delivery
- Release to production standardisation in AWS
- GIS system development and design