- Iconic, heavy-hitting, enterprise brand at the early stages of a digital transformation
- Diverse project landscape; generating commercial value from untapped data
- Influence and affect commercial and operational change across the business
- Impressive senior leadership team and strong progression and development pathways
This national icon has touch points with a range of businesses and consumers throughout this fair land. With over 25 years of operation in their industry, the business has gone through steady market growth and more recently has embarked on their biggest transformation to date, to meet the needs of rapidly changing global business priorities. The next chapter is to maximise the use of huge and complex data sets across the organisation for new revenue generation projects and operational efficiency.
You will work within a dedicated and passionate data team of 5 in the Information and Analytics Centre of Excellence. You will be one of the go-to people in the SQL Development and BI space, solving problems and helping setup new environments for key project initiatives.
The focus of this role is to strategically design and implement BI solutions through SQL development, including integration with databases and data warehouses by working on multiple and massive data sets. You'll also provide BI guidance through support functions and in-depth testing. Across all work you will seek to understand what different stakeholders are trying to achieve, educating them on the power of their data, and then working with them towards new solutions and greater insights.
Day to day your work will include the design, coding, testing, and documentation of all new or modified BI systems, applications and programs, troubleshooting BI tools, systems and software, carrying out performance tuning as necessary and championing BI throughout the business.
What we need to see in your background:
- 2+ years in a dedicated SQL Development or Business Intelligence/Database Developer role
- Strong capability in Microsoft technologies including SQL, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Power BI
- Strong experience in SQL, ETL and Data warehouse development
- Experience in relationship modelling and dimensional modelling
- Comfortable in presenting and sharing the value of BI to stakeholders
- A passion for learning new ways to work with data, an interest in advanced analysis and a strong understanding of data warehousing principles
The organisation offers clear development, a huge variety of projects, an excellent remuneration package, and the opportunity to define the business landscape for an industry in the throes of commercial evolution.
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can