This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to join a growing organisation in the baking industry. Currently they develop, manufacture and distribute innovative ingredients and solutions for bakers and patissiers across all five continents.
This business has enjoyed strong growth over recent years and is currently implementing a new ERP system (Dynamics 365) with go-live in September. Along with the ERP system change will be a new IT structure which will be put in place to ensure the IT function can best support the business in the new operating environment.
They are seeking an experienced IT professional that is willing to roll their sleeves up and make things happen and who sees change as an opportunity.
The IT Manager will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing development and delivery of our IT strategy, systems, and processes to meet organisational objectives.
This position will be responsible for playing a leading role in identifying, proposing and executing IT-related projects from a technical perspective, supported by business management according to the nature of each project.
They will also ensure the business is optimising the new ERP system so as to maximise benefit from new functionality and capability, whilst ensuring a robust governance framework around system enhancements.
This role will also be responsible for developing and managing a highly performing team to deliver consistent and effective IT services to support business requirements.
Strategy & Projects
- Review the existing IT landscape and develop a mid-range (3-4 years) strategy proposal, including capital and operating costs, clearly identified deliverables and execution roadmap. It is anticipated that the roadmap will include improved/enhanced use of some existing IT packages which are not fully realising available functionality.
- Included in the IT strategy will be an effective and sustainable resourcing model, identifying both internal and externally out-sourced support services.
- IT Project Management, ensuring appropriate IT resources and meeting project objectives and outcomes (in conjunction with business management according to the nature of each IT project) – this will include project management of the envisaged ERP upgrade/replacement project.
- Development of appropriate IT disaster recovery planning to safeguard the businesses’ continuity from an IT perspective in the event of service disruption of varying degrees of severity/impact.
- Development of a new IT policy framework with governance around systems and hardware.
- Implementation of appropriate service management systems (eg job requests/ analytics/ ticketing/ logging) to ensure efficient and effective support to the users at all levels within the businesses.
- IT vendor relationship management, including clear Service Level Agreements and tracking of performance against these and challenging KPI targets/organisational standards.
- IT disaster recovery processes in place, regularly reviewed and tested, and aligning with Group policy.
- Ensuring that our users and the IT tools provided to our users are well supported.
- Ensure that the ERP system is supported and maintained.
- Work with the business to optimise the ERP system and maximise benefit from new functionality and capability, whilst ensuring a robust governance framework around system enhancements.
If you have experience in a senior ICT role leading technology function for a growing complex organisation and a thorough understanding of modern technology architecture, methods of IT project delivery, and broader IT trends and YOU would like to leave an IT legacy in the next 3-5 years, please apply.
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to have valid New Zealand working rights and pass credit and criminal checks