The Lead, Data Analytics will be directly involved with the set-up of a brand new function within the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation. Sitting within the investments team, you will build and maintain models and visualizations in an entrepreneurial, collaborative new group using innovative technology and techniques. You will lead research, analyse fit-for-purpose data models, and create analytics solutions that enhance existing or deliver new investment capabilities while reducing risk and improving efficiency.
The Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation is an innovative, award-winning global investor. Our primary role is to manage the NZ Super Fund, an investment fund which invests taxpayer contributions globally to help pre-fund universal superannuation in New Zealand. Our team has a deep sense of purpose through the work we do to benefit future generations of New Zealanders. At the Guardians there’s an energy, passion and a shared commitment to excellence. The work is complex, innovative and intellectually stimulating. Our positive work environment respects your wellbeing while supporting your career and your future. As a proud equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate in our hiring practices, diversity and inclusiveness are highly valued.
- Lead the development of analytic projects as well as the design and optimisation of algorithms
- Partner with data consumers organisation-wide to evaluate data access and analyse needs, designing efficient, fit-for-purpose models
- Collaborate with other members of the Data Analytics team and wider organisation on the prioritisation of the data analytics projects, considering user needs, organisation strategic objectives, assessed value-add and resourcing requirements
- Lead research, and analyse fit-for-purpose data access and analytics solutions that enhance existing or deliver new investment capabilities, reduce risk and/or improve efficiency
- Visualise and report data findings using a variety of formats to enhance insight into complex issues
- Coaching Senior and Junior data scientists
- Lead the documentation of solutions and considerations for Data Analytics projects
- Establish, implement and promote development standards and practices
- Firm knowledge of building and applying predictive modelling techniques including the data science lifecycle and impact within a business
- Ability to clearly communicate insights and technical approaches verbally and in writing
- Strong collaboration skills having worked with business stakeholders at different levels of seniority and technical proficiency
- Comfortable working across a wide range of data sets and systemsg. Bloomberg, Refinitiv Eikon and Factset
- Strong problem solving capability
- Demonstrated experience writing high-quality Python, R, or SQL code.
If this sounds like you, click apply now or reach out at email@example.com for a confidential chat on the position.