One of the largest central Govenment agencies that carries out a broad range of responsibilities and functions to ensure there is help for those that need it.
Your role will be to provide IT Security expertise, support and advice to staff that work to keep the Ministry's systems safe. You will provide advice, analysis and interpretation, best practice modelling and mentoring of others to help them upskill. The key piece will be helping with timely and accurate monitoring of security platforms and services as clearly articulating any risks to the IT Security Manager or other Analysts. You will need to be able to deal with a a range of threats and be able to triage efficiently.
Skills you will bring
- Strong understanding of general IT security terminology
- Proven ability dealing with identification and prevention of common security threats
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems on the go
- Experience with reporting of IT security risk
- Excellent understanding of NZISM and other relevant security documentation and standards
- Strong communication skills that bridge between technical and non-technical personnel
- Be able to mentor/assist others who are developing their skills
- Strong opportunity for career growth
- Get exposure to a large enterprise environment
- Excellent job security
If this sounds intriguing and could be a bit of you, please apply below